We Are Open!
As of May 1st, 2020, Governor Kay Ivey and the Alabama Board of Dental Examiners have agreed that dental offices can resume patient care. We will be open during our normal office hours (8AM to 5PM M-Th, and 9AM to 1PM on Friday) to see routine hygiene appointments and all dental procedures.
As we ease into resuming patient care, we are doing so with extreme caution. We will be following protocols set by the American Dental Association, Alabama Dental Association, and the Alabama State Board of Dental Examiners. Here at Pelham Dental Care, we want to assure everyone that we have created a safe environment for our patients and staff.
At Pelham Dental Care, we abide by CDC and OSHA standards for sterilization and disinfection of all areas of patient care, using hospital grade disinfection materials and techniques. We are updating and enhancing protocols for screening patients for Coronavirus and preventing spread of the virus.
The following protocols are being implemented:
- All patients must participate in curbside check-in by waiting in their vehicle for their appointment. Sitting or congregating in the waiting room is not permitted.
- All belongings must either remain in the patient’s vehicle or remain on person throughout the duration of the appointment.
- Patients must attend their appointments alone unless a minor or disabled person needs assistance.
- All patients must sanitize their hands and have their temperature taken upon entering the office. Any patient that has a temperature over 100.4 will be rescheduled.
- In accordance with Governor Ivey’s mask mandate, patients must wear masks while in the building and not currently being treated by a provider.
- All patients must rinse with Hydrogen Peroxide based mouthwash prior to all dental procedures.
- Every operatory will be are sanitized after each patient.
- Doctors, assistants, hygienists, and front office staff will be equipped with all proper PPE as recommended by the Alabama State Board of Dental Examiners.
- We have placed air purifiers with HEPA Filter UV Sanitizers throughout the office to circulate and purify the air, including air borne viruses.
- All doorknobs and surfaces will be sanitized between each patient.
However, if you feel ill or have a fever, please call us and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment to a later date! The health and well being of everyone in our community is of the utmost importance and we are committed to providing the best dental care in the safest environment possible.
Call us today or visit to schedule your appointment. If you feel that you are having a dental emergency, please call (205) 677-3111. Stay well, and we look forward to seeing you soon!