If you’ve lost any teeth, your quality of life does not have to suffer. At Pelham Dental Care, we offer dental implants Pelham, AL patients can be proud of. They can improve your smile, confidence, and overall health.
The Primary Procedures
After you’ve selected a dental implant as your tooth replacement treatment, your dentist will need to determine which type of procedure to use. Today, there are several different procedures and the selection process is determined by the complexity of your case, the type of implant used, and dental implant costs. More complicated cases require a three-part process that spans the surgical treatment over a few months to allow time for healing. Simpler cases may be eligible for same-day dental implants, which offer greater convenience and shorter recovery time. But you should keep in mind that same day dental implants tend to cost more than the long-term option. However many people find that their immediate results are worth the higher dental implant costs.
The Right Way to Recover
The best way to ensure a proper recovery is to follow all instructions provided by your dentist. Usually, these include:
- Eat only soft foods for the first few days post-procedure, slowly introducing firmer foods as your mouth heals.
- Maintain good dental hygiene habits to protect the surgical site from decay and infection.
- Soothe any discomfort with the recommended pain relievers.
- Avoid strenuous activities for a few days after treatment.
- Go to follow-up dental appointments as instructed.
- Call your dentist immediately with any questions or concerns.
3 Simple Steps for Aftercare
According to dental experts, dental implant surgery has between 95 percent and 97 percent success rate. To ensure you experience similar success, follow these simple aftercare tips:
- Maintain good oral hygiene, including twice-daily brushing and flossing every day, to keep dental implants free from food and debris.
- See your dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings, as well as to detect any problems at their earliest stage.
- Avoid bad dental habits, such as chewing ice and using teeth as tools.
Pelham Dental Care can provide implants that accommodate your needs. If you’re looking for an implant dentist, we have Pelham, Alabama well-covered – please give us a call at (205) 663-6246 for information or book an appointment online today!